Issue 26 of Ireland’s #1 angling magazine is out now (and yes, it is still 100% free!)
Inside this issue
- Lowdown: All the major fishing & fish-related news from the last few weeks
- Ronan Murray interview: We chat with Cavan-based Ronan Murray, who landed no fewer than 37 x pike over 20lb in 2018, including three 30s!
- What is the Landing Obligation?: Sea fisheries expert Johnny Woodlock explains what the Landing Obligation is in relation to ending commercial fishing discards in European waters
- Big game reality: The UK (and Ireland) is ready for a modern, catch & release recreational bluefin tuna fishery argues the Angling Trust’s Policy Chief, Martin Salter
- Book review: Corkonian Tomas Kavanagh has a read of the new Salmon of the River Lee book from the Cork Salmon Anglers Association and is highly impressed…
- A day in the life of a Fisheries Officer: Current Inland Fisheries Ireland fisheries officer Darren Halpin and Ronan Cusack gives an insight into what it’s like to work for the state agency
- Disappearing shadows: US-based angler Josh Checkeroski writes a lovely, descriptive short story of fishing for permit in Mexico
- New Horizons – deep water aliens: Dermot Ogle continues his series highlighting the best of English fishing. This time he’s chasing zander on the big midlands reservoirs
- Lookout: Our regular spotlight on just some of the amazing wildlife you might be lucky enough to see when by the water over the coming weeks
- The science bit: Fish ecologist Bill Brazier concludes his article on the spread of roach in Ireland, looking at why they are so invasive and whether they have had a positive or negative impact to Irish waters
PLEASE READ BEFORE VIEWING!
Allowing your mobile device to enter landscape mode will often make it easier to view and navigate the magazine. Zooming and panning around the screen is simply via the normal ‘finger pinching’ motion. Please not that it is not possible to ‘swipe’ between pages in the online version of the magazine (hence the previous and next page buttons at the bottom of every page).
Desktops & laptops:
On desktops and laptops you must use your web browsers inbuilt zoom functionality to enlarge a particular page/image/piece of text (as with any other web page). The simplest way to do this is to press CTRL & + (zoom in) and CTRL & – (zoom out) on your keyboard. Certain roller-wheel mice may also allow you to zoom in and out via scrolling.
We are proud to also offer a fancy, interactive PDF version of the magazine, which allows readers to download the entire magazine and then view offline as per any other document. The PDF version may sometimes appear slower and less responsive than the web based version but please know that we are really pushing the limits of what PDF files can do here! We have introduced this format primarily to cater for readers with poor and/or unreliable internet on their mobile devices (i.e. most anglers in Ireland!)
Please download the free Adobe Acrobat reader on your smartphone, tablet or laptop/PC to best view the PDF version of the magazine